My Secret Garden colouring book, part 4



When is a drawing finished? That is the hardest part of drawing, colouring and painting.
I'm never sure about when it is time to stop working on a drawing or painting and not ruining it.
I've ruined many works of arts in the past...however, with "The Secret Door" I've been very cautious.
There are a few spots and leaves that need a little more colour but the drawing is almost finished now.







The last couple of days I've added a little blue and red to the stones around the door. I also coloured the leaves that were left open. And then I decided the grasslike green in front of the door was too warm of a colour green.

As you may know, you can bring more depth to your drawing by using cooler colours in the background and warmer colours in the front.
By doing so you will trick your eyes and it will look like the background is farther away from you.





    





The grassy green under the door seemed to blend too much with the leaves. By adding a little blue the leaves stick out a little more. But I think it can have a little more blue.

I also made the shades a little stronger. As I'm looking at these detailed pictures now I think a little extra shading here and there might make this picture even more vibrant! So I'll do some extra colouring for sure!

TO BE CONTINUED once more.












Comments

  1. I love your work! It looks so real.
    Congratulations. A very well done work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts